Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Octobre



the wind howls in the trees. the leaves fall in grand swirls, kicking up under car tires and coming to rest on the chilly ground. I wake up, spend five minutes thinking how FREEZING the world is outside my blankets, fling the covers back, throw myself down the stairs and jump into the bliss that is a hot shower. If only my car heater was as instant. Stephen Colbert is wearing brilliant cowboy boots underneath his interview desk this evening. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. The trees are starting to light up like torches down here and we had the first low cloud fog of the day this morning. I slept in. I've been staying with my pastor's daughter, so the house was warm, but when I return to my little apartment, it's going to be freezing.

    ReplyDelete