Sunday, July 26, 2009

Roast slowly for seven hours...


The house is on fire. There's no ac. Get back from work at 11:15 pm and fling all doors and windows wide, running the pitiful box fans in an attempt to equalize the temperature. During the time it takes to cool the house off have taken to walking with the roommates about town and campus. I especially love the college grounds because they're lit with aesthetically pleasing globe lamps, giving the trees and brick buildings a surreal glow. I'm giving serious effort in the being healthy department. Drinking lots of water. It helps that the weather has killed my appetite.

I've discovered I have an apparent propensity for math, to my everlasting despair. I'm even making jokes and scenarios with it. I imagined a FF character using math to battle. For instance, if they wish to decrease the enemies power they simply throw a -10 power at it and suddenly the creature is exponentially smaller. This is the sort of thing that makes me terrified to wake up in the morning. What am I turning into?

Alright time for breakfast.

4 comments:

  1. If you start using vectors to determine the trajectory of the spear, then I'll be worried. Until then, revel!!!

    I understand about the roasting. I DO have AC, but I turn it off at night and open my windows, but if it doesn't get below 90 until after 10, well..... let's just say it's a little warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked the forecast, and we're going to bein the upper 80s and 90s all week. I feel your pain.
    The math thing, however... I can appreciate your imaginative use of same, but beyond that... Well, I had trouble passing Algebra. 'Nough said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 103 today. 106 tomorrow. My roommates and I are camping outside tonight. The house is not sleep worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy, I'm sorry! It's supposed to be 100 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete